Last Updated: Oct 03, 2016 Views: 966
Follow these steps to request that an item be sent to your local library (Note: The maximum number of unfilled holds you may have at any one time is 50. This does not include eBooks or eContent checked out through your account).
Tip: Before starting your search log in to your account first, then click on search. This can help you save steps later.
- Locate the item in the library catalog.
- Click on the 'Place Request' button on the right side of the title box.
NOTE: The 'Place Request' button will not appear for items that can be downloaded or viewed online, in these cases, click on the "Access Online" link.
- If you have already logged in, skip this step and go to step 4. If not, then the log in screen will appear. Input your Library Card Number or Username and Password (default is last 4 digits of your phone number)
- From the drop down menu, chose your pickup library.
NOTE: At this point you can click in the check box to make this your default library. By doing this you will not need to make this choice for future requests. For future requests, you can always choose to pick up at a different library, however after the request has been made, you will need to contact your library to change the pickup location.
- Choose an activation date. If you want this item as soon as possible, just leave today's date in the box.
NOTE: This feature allows you to stop your requests from coming too soon. It is intended for individuals that are going on vacation and don't want their requests to arrive while they are gone. This is similar to the Freeze/Unfreeze option within My Account.
- Click on Submit Request.
- The next screen will display the record of the item you requested. Beneath the record will be the message "Your request has been placed."
NOTE: There will also be a link to 'verify that your contact information is up to date in your account'. You can check here to see the notification process - phone or email -- that will be used to notify you when your item arrives. If this information is incorrect you can correct it by clicking on the link at the bottom.
- To go back to the catalog, click on the "Return to search results" button.