Last Updated: May 10, 2016 Views: 14
This FAQ tells you how to save your search so that it is run for you on either a weekly or monthly basis.
This can be handy if you have a favorite topic or author and you want to see what new items have been added to the catalog since you last conducted the search.
Important Please Note: Because records are upgraded frequently and materials can be assigned to any of our libraries, if you link on the title(s) in your email message of saved search results and receive no results, please repeat your search in the catalog to locate your title and place your request.
- Login to your account
- Conduct your search on your topic, title or author. Saved search only works with keyword or advanced searches.
- When you get your results screen, click on Save Search
- Give your search a name that will make sense to you when you receive an email with the search results (required)
- Give it a description (optional)
- You will see the search as it has been constructed. If you want to alter the search, you should return to the search screen and conduct a new search as you can't alter the search command here.
- Check to make sure your email is correct or put in a new email for this search. (email is required)
- Choose if you want the results to appear as a Web page or in plain text.
- If you want to be notified even if nothing has been added to the catalog for your search, click the 'Email if no results:' button. Or unclick if you don't want to be notified.
- You can choose to have the search run against the catalog on a weekly or monthly basis. You can also suspend the search if you want to wait to activate it at a later time.
- You can determine the frequency that the search is run, not to exceed 99 times.