Last Updated: Feb 15, 2017 Views: 42
- Select Browse on the menu bar.
- In the Search for list, select an index option (Title, Author, Subject, Series, LC or Dewey).
- In the "that begins with" box, type the first few letters or numbers of the title, author's last name, the subject word, the series name, the LC number, or the Dewey number.
- Click Go.
The results list displays the catalog headings or listings, and the number of titles associated with each heading or listing.
- If you want to change the number of headings or listings to display on a page, click the drop-down menu in the upper left corner and select a number.
- Navigate the index using one of these methods:
Click 'Previous 10 Listings or Next 10 Listings to browse through the index.
Title listings may show different types of material for the same title, such as Book, DVD, and Music CD. You can click a type of material to see the titles of that type.
- Click a heading or listing to display the associated titles. To return to the headings list, click Go Back to Browse Results at the top or bottom of the page.
New Catalog Effective Feb. 1, 2017
The new catalog has some great advanced search features that will allow you to construct a targeted search for the materials you want. The Advanced Search help tells you how to construct queries and Boolean searches to help refine your search results.
For another type of Advanced Search by Call Number, visit our How do I search by call number FAQ.